- Definitions: In these Terms and Conditions the term “Dealer” means any person form or company who has made application for and who has been granted space in the Fair. The term ‘Fair’ means the event detailed on the Booking Form/Booking Confirmation/Invoice. The term “Organisers” means Associated Collectors Events Ltd or its lawful assigns.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with English law and shall be deemed to include all other terms and conditions or rules and regulations issued from time to time by the Organisers in relation to the Fair whether contained in the Organisers’ Fair Information Pack sales literature or otherwise.
- Duration of Fair: Details of Fair hours will be notified by the organisers in writing. During these times stands must be manned by Dealer’s staff.
- Applications for Space:
4.1. Applications for space however made are on the understanding that these Terms and Conditions apply. Information on exhibits to be displayed must be notified to the Organisers.
4.2. Dangerous, harmful, explosive or inflammable items will not be permitted and may be removed by the Organiser at any time.
4.3. Dealers must contain their exhibits, stands, equipment, literature and other goods within their allotted space and must not block walkways or infringe on other Dealers.
4.4. Nails, screws, glue, paint, blu-tack or anything that will damage or stick permanently to the walls, floors or shell schemes should not be used.
4.5. Any damage caused by the Dealer will be charged at the current repair or replacement cost.
- Payment Terms:
5.1. Payment will be due in full (including VAT if applicable) no more than 30 days before the start
5.2. Where applicable, a VAT invoice will be supplied to the Dealer by return.
- Cancellation of Space:
6.1. All cancellations must be made in writing
6.2. Bookings cancelled 30 days or more before an event will receive a full refund of all monies paid
6.3. Bookings cancelled within 30 days of the start of an event are immediately payable in full
- Space not occupied:
7.1. The Dealer must occupy the space allotted by the event opening time on the first day of the Fair.
7.2. Any Dealer failing to do so will be deemed to have cancelled their space booking and the Organisers may resell or reallocate such space without refund.
8.1. For the avoidance of doubt any contract between the Organisers and the Dealer for Fair space is only for an amount of such space and no acceptance by the Organisers of any particular part of any Fair floor plan or stand number will constitute any agreement, warranty or representation by the Organisers that the Dealer is entitled to exhibit at the Fair in such particular location
8.2. The Organisers reserve the right without being required to give notice to the Dealer to alter the layout of any Fair floor plan or position of any stand at any time.
- Attendance: The Dealer acknowledges that the Organisers shall not be held responsible for the failure of all or any other contracted Dealers to attend the Fair or the failure of any number of visitors to attend the Fair for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organisers.
10.1. The Dealer shall fully and effectually indemnify the Organisers against all costs, claims, demands, proceedings and losses whatsoever made against or incurred by the Organisers as a result of the Dealer exhibiting or advertising any goods or services at the Fair.
- The Letting of a Stand:
11.1. The Dealer shall not be entitled to assign sublet or grant licences in respect of the whole or any part of the space booked.
11.2. In the event of the Dealer becoming bankrupt, going into administration, receivership or liquidation the Organisers reserve the right to terminate the contract without refund.
- Promotion and Representations:
12.1. Whilst the Organisers shall use their reasonable endeavours to organise and promote the Fair in such manner as they consider appropriate, the Organisers reserve the right to amend or vary the manner or methods of such organisation and promotion and therefore any statements made by or on behalf of the Organisers as to audience projections or methods or timing of promotion shall constitute only general indications of the Organisers’ promotion and organising strategy and shall not amount to any representation or warranty.
12.2. Any application for stand space or any acceptance thereon by the Organisers shall not be conditional on the presence or location of any other Dealer at the same or any other Fair and any reference to such conditionality shall not apply to any contract between the Organisers and the Dealer for Fair stand space.
- Postponement or Abandonment: The Dealer shall not have any claim against the Organisers in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the failure for whatsoever reason of the Fair being held or the Fair venue being or becoming wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Fair, or by substitution of an alternative venue for the Fair, or by means of any other reasonable matter or thing the Fair can be held the contracts for space shall be binding upon all parties save that the same shall be deemed to be varied so as to allow for any necessary change in venue, dates or period of the Fair, stand size, location or otherwise.
- Insurance and Exclusions:
14.1. The Dealer shall effect at its own cost full indemnity insurance against usual risks in respect of loss damage or injury to goods and persons.
14.2. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential or indirect loss or damage) suffered by the Dealer whether such loss or damage arises from breach of a duty in contract or tort or in any other way (including loss or damage arising from the Organisers’ negligence) and which shall include (but not by way of limitation) loss of profits; loss of contracts; loss of or damage to property or goods of the Dealer or any other person; or personal injury to the Dealer or any other person (but only so far as such injury is not caused by the Organisers’ negligence).
- Dealer’s Insurance:
15.1.1. The Organisers are not responsible for the safety of any exhibit or other property of the Dealer or other person, or for the loss, damage or destruction by theft, or fire or any cause; or for the loss, damage or injury sustained by an Dealer or other person. This is whether by reason of any default in the Fair building caused by fire, storm, tempest, lightning, explosion, national emergency, war, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, civil disturbances, inevitable accident, force majeure or for any other cause not within the direct control of the Organisers whether of the same kind or not.
15.1.2. No responsibility can be accepted for any consequences of prevention, postponement or abandonment of the Fair.
15.1.3. Dealers should secure their own insurance to cover all liabilities and risks.
- Fire Precautions:
16.1. All materials used for building, decorating or covering stands must be of non-flammable type.
16.2. Dealers must comply with all instructions given by the relevant authorities to avoid the risk of fire or any other risk.
16.3. In the case of vehicles forming part of the Fair, the battery must be disconnected, the fuel fillers sealed and a designated fire extinguisher must be kept close by. The Organisers reserve the right to exclude any vehicle which in the opinion of the Organisers is not considered fit to exhibit.
- Exclusion of Personnel:
17.1. Dealers may only attend with a maximum of four staff. Any more than this and the standing visitor entrance fee shall be payable for any additional staff
17.2. The Organisers reserve the right in their absolute discretion to exclude or remove from the Fair any person whose presence is, or is likely to be, undesirable and the Organisers may exercise such rights notwithstanding that any person is the servant or agent of the Dealer or otherwise in any way connected or associated with the Dealer.
- Admission: The Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to any Dealer which does not display products, services or equipment which are in keeping with the principles of the event, or who have not fully paid for their stand and/or related services, or who at their sole discretion may be harmful to their commercial interests.
- Noise: No public address system, music, generators or electric amplification shall be operated from any trade stand or Fair without the prior consent in writing of the Organisers. No noise shall be created on a trade publicity stand or Fair audible at a level likely to cause distress or concern to traders or to the general public.
- Erection of Stands: The Dealer hereby acknowledges that the Organisers may appoint official stand contractors, when applicable. However an Dealer may be permitted to appoint another contractor recognised by the Organisers for interior work to the shell scheme subject to the Organisers’ written consent being obtained.
- Dismantling of Exhibits:
21.1. No exhibit shall be packed, removed or dismantled prior to the closing of the Fair without written permission from the Organiser.
21.2. If the Dealer acts in breach of this provision they shall pay, as compensation for the detraction to the Fair’s appearance and in addition to all sums otherwise due under this agreement, an amount equal to one third of the total display charge for the Dealer’s allocated area.
21.3. The Dealer will be liable for all storage and handling charges resulting from failure to remove all exhibits and display materials from the allocated area before the notified time of the closure of the Fair.
21.4. The Dealer must surrender any occupied shell scheme in its original condition and shall make good and indemnify the Organiser for any damage to the premises by the Dealer, his agents, contractors or employees.
- Health & Safety: Dealers must act in accordance to relevant legislation on H&S and manage risk appropriately.